Aug 11, 2011

lesson learned

Baby G pulled a fast one on me this morning.  I had an eye appointment strategically scheduled during his nap time. I knew he would fall asleep in the car on the way there and hopefully sleep through the whole thing.  
Now at this point in the story all you more experienced mothers are laughing at me.  And you should.  Silly, silly Summer.
Gray woke up and screamed the entire time.  I was holding him while he kicked, screamed, arched his back, and got red in the face- all the while I was trying to read the smallest line of letters and deciding if it's better at "1 or 2?  2 or 3? 1 or 3?".  I'm pretty sure my prescription is all wrong since I was answering 1 for all of them in hopes to get out soon.  
Luckily I have the nicest eye doctor in the world and he didn't seem too bothered by it.  He even carried the car seat to the car for me! But now that I think about it, he was probably trying to get us out of his office as quickly as possible...
Lesson of the day: babies will not sleep when you want them to
Lesson 2 of the day:  get a babysitter next time
ps: did I mention he fell asleep as soon as we got in the car? perfect timing Gray...
smiling at himself in the mirror

1 comment:

  1. Kassidy did the same thing today. We "strategically" scheduled a meeting with a loan officer in Franklin during her nap. Little booger was tired but fought it the entire time. I ended up having to take her out of the carseat and hold her, but in our case she at least passed out the minute I put her into my arms. We were able to still hold an adult discussion with the loan officer and I even multi-tasked and took notes, but I did learn that I probably should never plan on anything with a baby.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs